Q: Why would we want to ensure that we handle occupational disease cases in the court system?
- There are many important reasons to handle these cases in the court system:
- It holds companies accountable for misdeeds.
- It ensures victims receive fair compensation for their injuries or illness.
- It protects taxpayers and insurance ratepayers from bearing costs of victims.
- It protects local businesses from paying for workers sickened at an earlier job.
- The Courts and juries are the last resort for citizens when politics are dominated by special interests.